Are you tired of wasting time plucking or tweezing unwanted body hair? If so, you’re not alone.
Millions of people around the world struggle with unwanted hair – and have discovered the benefits of laser hair removal.
Keep reading and learn more about this treatment- and how it can help you enjoy smooth, hair-free skin all year round.
Laser Hair Removal
With laser hair removal, intense pulses of light are used to destroy hair follicles at the root, thereby preventing further hair growth – oftentimes for good.
Am I A Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Although most laser hair removal treatments out there are safe and suitable for all skin types and tones, the ideal candidates are patients with dark hair and light skin tones because the contrast allows the laser to better target the pigment in the hair follicle.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal
The treatment is often quick and painless, depending on the size of the treated area. Smaller areas like the upper lip and chin can be treated within minutes. The back and legs are larger areas that can take longer to cover.
Generally, laser hair removal treatments involve the following steps:
- Your provider will assess your hair and skin, will also discuss your goals, along with your medical history.
- Should you move forward with the treatment, your provider will choose laser settings best suited for your skin and hair type/tone.
- Your provider will have you wear protective goggles to protect your eyes from the laser light, and a cold gel could be applied to the skin prior to applying the laser. (Though some devices have built-in cooling for maximum comfort.)
- The hand piece is applied over the treatment area, emitting a laser zapping the hair follicles. The treatment is virtually painless, though some patients describe the sensation as similar to flicking a rubber band over the treated area.
- After the procedure, an anti-inflammatory cream may be applied to soothe the skin.
Most patients observe a significant hair reduction after six to eight treatment sessions, so buying a package of treatment sessions might be the most effective (and cost-efficient) option.
Viora IPL: The Gold Standard for Laser Hair Removal
If you are looking for an effective laser hair removal treatment, Dentistry By the Bay offers Viora IPL Laser. This cutting-edge treatment works by targeting the dark pigment (melanin) in the hair shaft, with the light energy converted to heat that destroys the hair follicles for lasting results.
Because of Viora’s Proprietary PCRTM Technology and advanced contact cooling, this laser hair removal treatment offers maximum comfort, and no topical anesthesia is required. (However, some patients may feel a slight stinging or heat sensation, depending on the treatment performed.)
To get the most out of your Viora IPL Laser treatment, it’s best to shave the treated area and to avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before and after each session.
Say Hello to Smoother, Hair-Free Skin All Year-Round!
Laser hair removal procedures help you achieve smooth, hair-free skin and get rid of painful in-grown hair, all without the downsides of traditional hair removal methods.
Looking for a safe and effective hair removal treatment? Dentistry By the Bay’s team of qualified providers have helped many satisfied patients here in Petoskey, MI achieve amazing results with Viora IPL Laser, so you can rest assured that you’ll be in good hands.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!