Acne and acne scars can have a tremendous impact on your confidence and self-esteem, and they may even trigger anxiety or depression. Acne is very common, yet is fairly manageable with the help of effective treatments that can also lower the chances of acne scars.
Laser treatments are among the most in-demand acne treatments. Keep scrolling to know more about how laser treatments can help diminish acne and acne scars.
What You Need to Know About Acne
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne vulgaris (sometimes called pimples or zits), is the most common skin condition in the United States. Pimples initially appear during adolescence, with 90% of adolescents experiencing acne breakouts.
There are four main factors that promote these breakouts, such as:
- Excess oil. The sebaceous glands produce sebum, which acts as the skin’s natural moisturizer. However, excess oil can cause acne when it clogs the pores along with dead skin cells.
- Clogged pores. Blackheads and whiteheads also develop when oil, dead skin cells, or even hair folllicles clog the pores.
- Bacteria. Bacteria Propionibacterium acne (P. acnes) typically resides in the oil glands and feeds on the excess oil, which can lead to inflammation.
- Hormones. Your hormones also have a considerable impact on your acne. Hormones like androgens can ramp up oil production, thus increasing the likelihood of a breakout.
So, how can a laser treatment be an effective way to reduce pimples and prevent acne scars?
Laser Therapy: Viora V20 IPL Laser
The Viora V20 IPL Laser is an effective solution for treating acne and a great alternative for patients who have tried several acne treatments and have had less than satisfactory results.
Viora’s V-IPL therapy absorbs light, creating reactive oxygen that significantly reduces P. acne bacteria and reduces inflammation, significantly reducing acne in the safest and most effective way possible.
The laser’s intense pulsed light treatments provide fast, comfortable, and high-quality outcomes for clearing acne and rejuvenating the skin, as well as for addressing other concerns like:
- vascular lesions;
- pigmented lesions;
- permanent hair removal.
Benefits of Viora V20 IPL Laser
Here are the advantages of the V-IPL handpiece:
- Viora’s acne clearance treatment is safe and comfortable. The results are also clinically-proven and have satisfied many patients.
- Viora’s V-IPL and needle-free mesotherapy protocols can reduce acne-causing bacteria and decrease inflammation.
- V-IPL’s PCRTM technology creates reactive oxygen that effectively and safely kills P. acne bacteria, thereby reducing the chances of a breakout significantly.
- IonwaveTM technology reduces the formation and appearance of blemishes while antibacterial ingredients help prevent bacterial culture.
Say Goodbye to Acne!
Dealing with acne is irritating and can also diminish your confidence. There are plenty of treatment options out there, but their effectiveness can vary from patient to patient.
If you want a safe and effective acne treatment, Dentistry By the Bay offers Viora V20 IPL Laser. With the help of our team of qualified providers that have helped many satisfied patients here in Petoskey, MI achieve good results, you can rest assured that you’ll be in good hands.
What are you waiting for? Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!